Future-Proofing a New-Construction Home
Tuesday, March, 31st, 2015 at 3:27 pm by seogon
Designing the construction of your brand new home is an extensive process that takes careful thought. The best way to ensure you get your ideal new-construction home, with all the features and amenities you crave, is to plan ahead.
During the planning process, you should focus on the future — what things will you and your family need down the line? Extra bedrooms for a growing family or maybe accessibility features if you plan to live here the rest of your life.
Here are some planning ideas that will help you future-proof your new-construction home.
- When you need an additional room in the future, you can transform the main floor den.
- Soundproof your bedroom to help ensure your privacy.
- Have roughed-in electric and plumbing installed in case you want to add a kitchenette or bathroom in your basement or attic when transforming it into a room.
- Use upgraded structured wiring throughout your home, so that it can accommodate revolutions in Internet and technology.
- Use temporary partition walls that can be attached to hardwood floors, instead of subfloors. This will enable you to easily combine bedrooms when your children move out.
- Place plywood sheathing behind the tile and drywall in your bathrooms. This will allow you to attach grab bars without worrying about studs.
- Site your home for a potential addition. Leave enough space around your home, so that more electrical and plumbing work can be run for an addition to enhance your home later on.
These are all great ideas for thinking ahead when planning your new-construction home. To have future-proof new-construction home plans drawn up and implemented, contact the expert contractors at Division One Construction today! Call (303) 316-9400.